Tuesday, August 5, 2008

A place to lay our heads!

Can you believe how fast God works!?!?!? I literally just finished my RD exam (August 1st) and then think to myself...hmmm I better start looking online for potential places to stay in Alaska. Because we have a dog, and not a small one under 25 pounds, it complicates things. He doesn't qualify for many places in Anchorage because of the weight limit. He also needs to run (which means trails nearby) and he needs a back yard to do his business. Where in the heck are we gonna find a place like that in Anchorage for cheap?! Well I didn't have to worry about it because God found us a place. Just like that (finger snaps) too! One of my mothers friends sent out an email asking several people to keep their eyes out for a place for us. Within a day, a woman named Diane Henninger called me. She lives off of Lake Otis and E 50th area. Get this, we get a 4 bedroom house, 2 car garage, backyard, a place on cambell creek trail system, AND the use of everything in her house (which means we don't have to look for furniture) from September 24th until April sometime. All of this for $500 bucks a month!!! Man am I excited! This means we don't have to look for an apartment someplace, we can save money, we don't have to pay extra days on our Uhaul and we can store our stuff in the garage for free. This is truely orchestrated by our all mighty powerful God. Thank you Jesus for such a gift!!!

4 comments:

Emily Jackson said...

Wow - that's amazing!! I hope you enjoy being back in Alaska and whatever job you get there!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is totally amazing! It makes me want to break out in song "Our God is an awesome God, he reins..."!!! Wow, I am excited for you guys and the little pooch to have such a great place to live for so cheap!!! Yahoooooo!

-Jen Costello

Jimmy said...

Heather,
not the normal way I'd do this, but.......www.interfacelift.com That is the sweet site for wallpapers. have fun.

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather! Just dropping in to say I am thrilled for all of your blessings...way to keep them comin' God for my friend Heather!

Love n hugs!

Julie