Sunday, May 18, 2008

Am I really that old?

Yes, alas I am. Some of you may argue that I am mearly a youngun but I sure am feeling old. 30 is creeping up REALLY fast! AND the body just doesn't gear up like it used to, the bruises and scars don't go away as fast, and I actually think I am going to take up drinking a caffinated beverage just to get my sluggish rear going in the AM.

Thank goodness some things are looking up in my old life. My hubby surprised me with a beautiful ring that I have been drooling over for the past 5 years. Now, you gotta understand, I'm not much of a jewelry person so for me to love a single piece of hardward for this long is just not normal for me. Gerry kept asking if I still liked the ring year after year and I reassured him I did. I even found it on the cheap side on overstock.com, to Gerry's delight. It showed up via the UPS dude just before we left on a road trip to southern Utah.

Here's a picture of it. Isn't it b-e-a-utiful!

1 comment:

Bacon Writer said...

Hooray! You got your ring! Good job, Gerry! Happy Birthday! Missing you this summer, Amanda