Friday, January 30, 2009

I've got lots of reading to do!

Now that I am embarking on this new adventure of pregnancy and motherhood, I thought it approriate to start reading up on things I honestly have NO CLUE about. You know you learn these things in a textbook and learn the anatomy of strange parts of the body but the actual experience of it is completely different. It seems all kinds of things are up for grabs with what to expect with pregnancy and you just need to know how to deal with them. Anyway, here is a list of books that have been recommended to me for reading:

1) What to expect when you're expecting
2) Baby Whisperer
3) Baby Wise
4) Girlfriends guide to pregnancy
5) Children's Vaccinations
6) Another box of books sent from Jean Clemens that I just received! Yeah!

Any recommendations as to which one(s) you felt were the most helpful? Least helpful?

Sincerely, Need Help :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remembered you have a blog...so fun to find out about the baby!!

I loved Hypnobirthing: the Mongan Method, The Doula Advantage, and about a million other books that I can't remember right now. I read a lot of books on natural childbirth, and found that it helped so much to be as mentally prepared for it as possible. I loved reading other people's stories so that I knew what to expect. I read so many good ones...I'd have to put on my thinker to remember them all.