Sunday, March 2, 2008

Wondering where I've been???

So I know it's been about a month since I've written anything and for that I apologize. It's been a busy month. I was in my second round of in-patient clinical rotations and it was a doozy! My brain is pooped and ready for a siesta! On top of all of this I got sick. No just once or twice, but THREE times! Yes, I said three. First I got a strange bacteria infection that acted much a like a cold but wasn't. About 3-4 days after I got better, I then got the Rhinovirus. This time it was a cold, but I'm guessing it was a super-version of the virus because I still have it. Some where in the middle of having a cold, I caught a nosocomial infection. (I got it in the hospital) It was either the Norovirus, very nasty, kills most elderly and stays around for a long time OR it was gastroenteritis, also very nasty but lasts up to a week. Luckily, I only got gastroenteritis and had some lovely nausea, vomiting, and, yes, diarrhea. Fun stuff. I gotta be honest, I'm ready to not be sick. All this makes me question how healthy I am, or not! I know I've been under a lot of stress but come on! I guess it's a little reality check that I need to start working out again, dust off the vitamins above the fridge, and take a chill pill! Now this said, I think I should go take Jasper for a run. It's a nice day and who knows if its gonna rain tomorrow! : )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Obviously ID doesn't agree with you...I know somewhere where people NEVER get sick. =)