Friday, December 5, 2008

The Total Money Makeover By Dave Ramsey


In our family it just makes sense that I would be in charge of the finances. Gerry being gone half of the time sort of forces me to be BUT I also am the one who really digs reading up on budgeting, where to invest, comparing interest rates, etc. I'm kind of a numbers dork and I like this math stuff. So when I stumbled across The Total Money Makeover By Dave Ramsey I was thinking "Yeah, it's probably got some of the same stuff I've read in other books but I'll check it out just to see if there's anything new and exciting to consider." WEEELLLLLL...this funny white guy BLEW my mind with how simple he makes things. Now first you have to be a goal oriented person to love this book because it's all about completing 7 different step, one right after the other. It's not easy either. He talks about living a debt free life...even your mortgage. He tells you exactly how to invest, how to purchase a home, what percentage you need for an emergency fund, etc. And he does this by comparing all the other options out there and exposing why they don't work. THIS BOOK IS AMAZING!!! It's a must read for those who feel stressed about their finances or simply want to live like no one else now so they can later live like no one else(quote from book). Check it out for yourself and get on board. You won't be disappointed!

1 comment:

Wits3nd said...

What a wonderful and concise review of a favorite book. I especially loved your enthusiasm. Good luck on your debt-free journey.