Monday, May 7, 2007

Estes Park, CO 2006




Here we are in Estes Park, Colorado in the summer of 2006. We decided to go camping in the middle of the week so hardly anybody would be around and because we can with Gerry's fabulous schedule! we were going for a leisurely camping trip and maybe some hiking when we decided to bike up this road that turned out to be 9 MILES long up hill the whole way! No joke! I was tired by mile 5 and wanted to turn around but no way....we needed to get to the top. So we pushed (sometimes literally as I dragged my bike behind me) but we eventually made it. That's where you see Gerry with the picutre standing in about 8 feet of snow. Yeah, we were dragging our bikes through that too! All in all it was a blast and I'm glad we pushed ourselves to the top. It was an amazing view of the park and the mountains. It reminds me of Alaska a bit!

No comments: